If you suffer from dark pigment, such as melasma, sun spots, or age spots, and have tried numerous over the counter products and treatments, Nu-Derm may be just what you have been looking for. Nu-Derm works on a cellular level, using Prescription Strength products to “push” abnormal pigment out of the skin without changing the natural color of your skin.
Your individual prescribed protocol and frequency of use should be determined by your skin care professional, but you can typically expect visible improvements in 4 to 6 weeks.
You will likely experience 4 phases of transformation. The first phase is what we call “Out with the Old.” During this phase you may experince some dryness to the skin conjoined with possible flaking or peeling. This lasts for about 4-6 weeks. The next phase, “In with the New,” is where most patients tend to start seeing fresh, smoother skin rise to the surface. During the third phase, “Healthy Glow,” the skin will appear clearer and become firmer. The final phase shows the results of the treatment regimen, as the skin has completed an entire life cycle.
The Nu-Derm System contains prescription-strength formulations that can be sold only through a licensed physician, such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
The products in the Nu-Derm System are clinically proven, prescription-strength ingredients that work at the cellular level to improve your skin cell function. Products purchased from a retail store are cosmetic-based products that do not contain prescription-strength ingredients.
Your dermatologist or plastic surgeon will talk with you about how often you should check in once you’ve started using the Nu-Derm System.
LATISSE® solution is an ophthalmic drug product. If any gets into the eye, it is not expected to cause harm. The eye does not need to be rinsed.
Please discuss with your provider if you are breastfeeding, planning to become, or are currently pregnant to be sure you are on the most fitting system.
Keeping in mind that extended sun exposure damages the skin, it is suggested that you avoid prolonged sun exposure without protection. While on the system, you can participate in normal outdoor activity. However, your skin may be sensitive to the sun and heat. It is very important to always wear a sunscreen, like Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35, Sun Shield SPF 50, and/or Physical UV Block SPF 32 in the Nu-Derm System, and reapply sun protection every few hours while exposed to the sun.
Each product in the Nu-Derm System is specifically designed to work together to provide you with the best results. When used as a system, the prescription-strength ingredients work to effectively balance the pH level of your skin and penetrate into the layers of your skin for superior results. Your skin care professional will guide you in using the system based on his or her assessment of your needs.
- It is very important to follow these instructions during your Obagi Nu-Derm Treatment and continue to follow them until your treatment is finished:
- YOU MUST NOT use tanning beds during your product treatment.
- YOU MUST NOT have an active cold sore or herpes lesion in the area to be treated. If you do, please discontinue use of your product and call our office for further instructions.
- YOU MUST NOT use any products other than the prescribed Obagi Nu-Derm products during your treatment regimen and be sure to use ALL products prescribed to you for optimal results. If you skip steps AM or PM, you will reduce the effects of the products.
- YOU MUST NOT wax or use depilatories in the area being treated at any time!